It Can Always Be Better

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Photo Restoration Workshop Video Overdrive

Looking at our YouTube source channel, I believe there are over a 100 hours (159 individual videos organized into various playlists) of freely available footage with my skinny self espousing the virtues of JPG, TIF, image size and proper handling of photos/documents.

Not including the videos and course that are for sale at the PGXU Store, it's even higher.

Yet, it seems there are still large swaths of humanity who have yet to know some of the simple—and embarrassingly repetitive—information I have to share. So the cause marches on. Hopefully, some will take me seriously enough to purchase my highly underrated Photo Restoration And Retouching Foundations course.

Recently I edited and uploaded almost 2 years of video. But I've got more going further back. Yes, there is a drawer with quite a few others. Some, such as my talk at the Chicago Genealogical Society are unusable because the projector screen is blown out (this was before I had a laptop powerful enough to do a simultaneous screen capture). Others, such as my first day-long seminar for the Tazwell County Genealogical Society, were mistakenly erased (I was really sad about messing that one up). Then I had some audio disasters for not plugging the microphone into its extension cord at the Northwest Suburban Council of Genealogists and the Winnebago & Boone Counties Genealogical Society!

Regardless, I promised myself to edit and upload all recorded workshops within a week of the event. To get a headstart, I spent most of my past 2 weeks to get these workshops online for you:

International Black Genealogy Summit (October 29, 2009) In this one you can hear my wristwatch ticking. I lost it a few months ago. Has anyone seen it?
Arlington Camera Club (September 17, 2010)
Cook Memorial Public Library (October 27, 2010)
Shorefront Legacy Center (November 6, 2010)
Shorefront Legacy Center Encore (November 6, 2010)

That cleared my computer of what was imported. Next is to go through more of the tapes. As I find more, I'll be sure to get them uploaded. To stay updated, please join our Email Newsletter, the Photo Grafix Facebook Page or the Photo Grafix Twitter Stream.

No comments:

PGX Blog Archive

Learn about Photo Restoration and Adobe Photoshop Here