It Can Always Be Better

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Seeking an Adobe-Free Workflow

Last month, I wrote about the shameful money-grabbing scheme of Adobe. This is the company behind Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and the impetus of many imitators. I promised myself to begin a mental transition away from their products, initiating a self-imposed boycott from teaching or promoting the use of their products.

It's harsh, I know. However, of all the students I've surveyed at my many workshops for genealogists, less than half used Adobe products. So there is a big demand for learning how to use alternative programs. This will take some time. So I'm open to suggestions and questions regarding these alternatives.

Over the next year, I hope users of non-Adobe photo editing programs will chime in. I'll be sure to survey people at my workshops and modify my classes accordingly.

Use this petition to tell Adobe to change their ways.

No comments:

PGX Blog Archive

Learn about Photo Restoration and Adobe Photoshop Here