It Can Always Be Better

Monday, October 28, 2013

Organizing, Scanning and Editing Photos at FGS 2013



This past August I had the privilege to teach 100+ people for the Federation of Genealogical Societies annual conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We covered a lot of ground with three topics: Organizing photos with metadata, scanning and a photo editing one-on-one workshop. I am grateful for my wife and her camera work, following me around the room on the final one.

A playlist with all three, including links for the syllabi, are on the Photo Grafix University YouTube Channel. Check it out today.

Working hard at the Federation of Genealogical Societies Photo Grafix table
Myself with two hard-working assistants
This was my second visit to Fort Wayne and my second FGS conference. My first visit to Fort Wayne was for the International Black Genealogy Summit in 2009 and my first FGS presentation was in Springfield, IL in 2011.



Snapshot of my recycling devotion
Recyclable food packaging collected during our visit to Fort Wayne, Indiana
Would you really want this in a landfill?
During this recent visit to Fort Wayne, my family and I enjoyed collecting
many recyclable materials from all of our food and water packaging. Then on the final day, I carted this
collection downstairs and placed them into one of the many recycling cans
in the area.

Finally, I'd like to offer a special thanks to all the genealogists who purchased my daughter's hand-made jewelry.  You really made her stay the experience of a lifetime.

No comments:

PGX Blog Archive

Learn about Photo Restoration and Adobe Photoshop Here