It Can Always Be Better

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quick Course - Use Quickmask To Check Selections



In episode 11 of the Photo Restoration Basics Quick Course series, I demonstrate how to use Adobe Photoshop's Quickmask function to check the edges of your selection at full size. Creating accurate selections is the key to good photo retouching. Most often we improve the edges of our selections using the Feather command, Refine Edge command or Masks Panel/Palette. However, I still find Quickmask to be a convenient way to "triple check" my work.


In the Photo Restoration Basics Quick Course video for this article, I share exactly how you can do it. Try it out and post a comment with your results.


For more Selections details and exercises, consider the Photo Restoration Basics video course. In this course, I dedicate an entire lesson just to helping you create accurate selections. Some of you may find the overt advertising for my course to be a bit wearisome. I apologize if they wear on you a bit. However, keep in mind that nothing is for free and I have a family to support. Also, my course is a very unique and effective way to learn Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. So I'm not pushing anyone's junk on you. I'm pushing good stuff on you (smile)!




Thanks to Creatista.com for permission to use the picture. Buy it, or other images created by Creatista.com, online at Dreamstime.com.


Photo Restoration Quick Courses are for the non-professional and folks with some or no experience. Save the hassle of figuring it all out on your own: Get a solid foundation in Photoshop and photo restoration with the Photo Retouching and Restoration Foundations video and workbook. Available at PhotoRestorationBasics.com


Join the Photo Grafix email newsletter on the home page! Watch streaming videos from Photo Grafix at no charge!

No comments:

PGX Blog Archive

Learn about Photo Restoration and Adobe Photoshop Here